Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I was good

First a little background to set the scene for the pictures below. In one of the drawers in the kitchen I have a couple Ziploc bags that hold Campbells soup labels and box tops. When the bags get full I take them to school. I think I also have another Ziploc or two in that drawer although I couldn't tell you what's in them. Consequently, I always find my girls putting little scraps of paper and miscellaneous objects in Ziplocs and then putting them in the drawer.

At school, all the first graders start the day off "on green". Dependent on their behavior they may move to yellow, then red, then blue, then black. Maggie said she has only ever been moved to yellow, twice she thinks, for blurting out things in class.

Today when we got home I saw Maggie had a green piece of paper with a smiley face on it. She said she brought it home because she stayed on green all day. This is the first time she has brought one of these home. Not sure why that is. I tried to ask her about it, but now I'm just more confused. Anyway, I saw her take her green piece of paper, write something on the back, put it in a Ziploc and put it in the drawer.

I'm not sure if this is a reminder for her, or for me.

"I was good. Maggie"

No comments: