Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's Your Name?

I'm sure I'm not the only mother who occasionally calls her child by the wrong name. When in a hurry, or trying to get them to stop doing something, I will sometimes go through all three girls names before I actually get the right one. However, tonight was the first time, I believe, that I have ever been corrected by one of my children. I was trying to get Eloise to stop doing something and I accidentally called her Lily. She looked at me and said, "I not Lily, I Eloise".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...and it starts! You will now and forever be corrected by one of your daughters. I am corrected by one of our girls daily. The unfortunate part is that they are usually RIGHT! :)

Love you. Aunt Kiki

Julie said...

One of my kids told me one time, "Mommy, we would listen to you if you actually called us by our correct names."
Gee...sounds kinda snotty...but, umm...so true...how do you get cranky about such truth...
Love,
AJD