Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Potty Talk

Eloise has recently been using the potty occasionally. If she is dry when I get her up in the morning or after a nap she will go in and go pee. She's even told us a few times that she needed to go poop and gone in the potty. It's all very exciting. Here is a synopsis of our family conversation at the dinner table the other night. Sadly I wish I could somehow put across Eloise's cute little tone and voice, but I can't, so you'll just have to imagine it yourself:

Mommy: Eloise, tell Daddy where you went today.

Eloise: Aunt Julie's

Mommy: What did you do at Aunt Julie's?

Eloise: Toilet!

Mommy: What did you put in the toilet?

Eloise: Plops! (translation: poops)

Laughter from everyone at the table, including Eloise.

Eloise: I funny!

1 comment:

Julie said...

LOL! The 'plop' came from her pooping...and I said to her, "Plop!" as in the sound the poo made when it hit the water. She belly laughed! hehe...who knew she would take it to be synonymous with poop? LOL! Really, too cute.
Before you know it, she will be reading the Periodic Table of Elements into a tape recorder like Britt's doing right now.
Love you!
AJD