Sunday, September 14, 2008

First Days of School

Maggie just finished her second week of First grade. She is loving it, but I must admit it's really weird for Mommy to have her gone all day. The house is so quiet! :) I think her favorite parts of the day are that she gets TWO recesses and she gets to stay for lunch. So far packing her lunch at night is fun. I'm sure that will end soon. She was explaining to me on Friday the difference between odd and even numbers. It's exciting to enter this whole new phase of learning.


Lily just finished her first week of Kindergarten. She was really anxious the week before she started, but now she's in the groove. Her backpack is about half as big as she is and she desperately wants to fill it up with some "work". At the end of the week, they always send the kids home with a "Friday folder" full of notes for the parents and examples of the work they have done that week. She asked me every day if she was going to get her Friday folder that day. By the time Friday came, she was bouncing off the walls to bring it home. She has looked through it many times and you can tell it makes her feel very grown up.

3 comments:

Julie said...

odd numbers...even numbers...next comes PRIME numbers!
AJD

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have a kleenex?? Aunt Kiki is having a good cry over how big these girls are...I mean seriously! First Grade? Kindergarten?? Enough! I can't take anymore...

Matt & Sarah & Mateo Miller said...

As I was lecturing this morning, I was looking at Lily in Uncle Jeff's arms, thinking, HOW DID HER HAIR GET SO LONG...this picture confirms that it wasn't just a figment of my imagination. Love to you all...Sarah