Monday, January 28, 2008
Potty Time?
Eloise has discovered something new that she thinks is just fabulous and fun. Going to the potty! It all started last Thursday when I was watching my nephew and nieces. My youngest niece, Lucy, is currently potty training and doing a fabulous job. Eloise watched her with great interest all morning as she went in and out of the bathroom. Lucy came for the day equipped with her own potty chair as all of ours are inconveniently stored under the house. Right before lunch I took Lucy in for one more potty break and when we came out Eloise was at the door and even though I shut the door behind me she kept banging on it insisting she wanted to go in. I said "What? Do you want to use the potty?" She nodded. So what the heck, I took her in. She was quite tickled with herself to be sitting on the potty. It wasn't very long and she had peed like a big girl, even if it was as she was standing up and went mostly on the floor! Then she was really upset with me when I went to put a diaper on her. Since then, if she catches you coming out of the bathroom she will do her best to convince you that she needs to go in. I have taken her in to sit on the big toilet a couple of times and she doesn't sit very long before she goes. My favorite is how when she's done she reaches for the toilet paper. Totally cute! Does this mean that I'm going to attempt to potty train a 14 month old? Hell no!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yeah for potty training...we are trying to undergo that at our house. The star chart is working nicely for us for now. Hugs from the Millers, S&M&M
Post a Comment