Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bye Bye Summer

Or should I say good riddance! No, really, it was a good summer. I am just way past ready for the girls to go back to school. We have 5 days left. Hopefully they will survive each other and their parents until then.

The summer started out with Maggie participating in her first ever Missoula Children's Theatre production. This year they did "The Princess and the Pea". Maggie was a dust bunny. They are all still singing the songs, even Eloise.

Over the summer the girls have also learned how to knit. Ama Theresa taught them and it is something they really enjoy. It is a good downtime activity. I even got a lesson and I am going to attempt to make a hat. Maggie has already started hers, and she is much better at it than I am. She goes for speed, Lily is more the perfectionist. Typical.

We did soccer again this summer. Maggie and Lily were on the same team. Its one of my favorite things to watch my girls play sports. This fall I am planning on signing Maggie (and maybe Lily) up for basketball. :-)


One other new thing we started this summer was family bike rides. Maggie and Lily are both good riders and we have a contraption that we strap Eloise into on the back of Josiah's bike. Its really fun and we all love riding around town, however, we always have a large hill to come up on the way home. Thats no fun for anybody, except maybe Eloise.

Did I mention 5 days until school starts. Check back for first day of school pictures.

1 comment:

Julie said...

umm...I'm checking back...