Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

This past weekend we went to a nearby pumpkin patch with some good friends. Kids and adults alike had a great time. There was a corn maze that Josiah had a lot of fun messing with the kids in. He kept heading them off at the path that would take them out and telling them it was the wrong way, that they needed to double back and find another way. I can't tell you how many times they fell for it. Eventually they found their way out.

Each of the girls picked a pumpkin. We learned the rule way back in preschool that you have to be able to carry your own pumpkin. It's interesting to watch the girls in their choosing process.


At the end we had a wheelbarrow full of pumpkins and gourds. Maggie even picked out a squash. I think it will be used as decoration since I have no idea how to cook a squash. Just for fun Josiah weighed the wheelbarrow with Eloise in it and then with her out of it. According to the pumpkin scale, she weighs about 26 pounds.

After we got home, the big girls spent quite a bit of time arranging everything. My porch now looks very fall like.

1 comment:

Sarah Fronza said...

Those are adorable pictures! I love the one of Eloise picking her pumpkin.